Friday, July 11, 2008

MY LATEST PASSION...PAINTING!!!



My obsession of painting dogs began as a XMAS gift for my sister-in-law, Angela. Every XMAS, the Duggan makes gifts for each other in lieu of buying presents. It make for a very interesting XMAS. I actually love it. At Thanksgiving we put all our names in a hat and pick who we have to make a gift for that year. I have to say after 35 years of this tradition we are all getting very creative. Lot of laughs , even tears...some mushy letters get written or videos. Anyway this year I had Angela who LOVESSSSSSS her dog Lily so I thought it would be fun to paint a portrait of Lily as a gift. I am happy to say Angela loved it and it is now hanging in their house in Vermont.....unless of course they just hung it up for my visit this past winter. Since then friends have asked me to paint their dogs...so here are few starting with Lily. Oh! I have also painted our dog Stella, and her BFF Brooklyn! (see below)


I also do work on commission.....Don't worry I am not quitting my day job



No comments: