Monday, July 28, 2008

VACATION...VACATION...VACATION...


Hello All! This is my first post that I have done all by myself. Thankfully, Mel has taken the time to keep you all up to speed on what has been happening in our lives. As she said, we have officially started our vacation, but Mel has a little work to do. Hopefully it will end soon. It is crazy what we do to please our clients. Not that I am complaining...I have been very fortunate to have as much work as I do...so far this year I have to thank Honda, Coke and Nike for paying my mortgage! Although, with the amount of Diet Coke I drink, I think Coke should thank me! 


Today Mel and I are taking my 97 year old grandma, Elsie O'Connor, out for the afternoon and for dinner. I have been trying to figure out what would be fun for her, but she tires fairly easily...so I guess roller skating is out. I think we will go do the "Fruit Loop" drive in Hood River. It is a 35 mile loop that takes you by farms and orchards. It is supposedly very beautiful, and I think my Grandma might enjoy it. Although, what I think would be her dream trip would be to get on a plane and go back to New York. She lived there for 80 years, and while she appreciates the beauty out here...she will never really leave New York. I love hearing her stories of New York, in particular about a speakeasy that she used to go to with the gang called "The Aquarium". She is a special lady...and I am glad that Mel gets to spend some time with her. 

No comments: